Canadian Whisky, 2nd Edition [Booze]

2017 Oct 14
Xmas gift idea alert! Any lover of whisky would enjoy this excellent book:

penguinrandomhouse.ca

I had the pleasure of attending the Ottawa book launch at Petit Bill's Bistro (the nibbles were awesome, thanks Terry!) last Tuesday evening. I've enjoyed Davin de Kergommeaux's company a number of times at other whisky events during the past year and I can say that he never fails to impress with his in-depth knowledge of Canadian whiskies. 🥃

2017 Oct 14
Here's a little collage of images from the event. On the left you can see Davin dispensing “whiskdom” to the enthralled masses. The hors-d’oeuvres were all very good, with the bite sized bouquets of steak-frites at bottom right being particularly inventive and excellent.

2017 Oct 16
I wish I'd had the time to go to this, but we were getting things ready for the Ottawa Whisky Show on Saturday.

Looks great, though.

2017 Oct 17
Two notes:

1. Warby, I know what I am getting my Dad for Christmas now

2. Rizak, how did I not know that was a thing? I woulda been there with my Dad at doors open!

2017 Oct 17
Ottawa Whisky Show?

OTTAWA WHISKY SHOW????????????

How.

THE F###.

Did i.

NOT.

Know about this?

....all is sadness, i must drink to cope...

2017 Oct 17
I'll post it here next time. I had plastered it all over my social media. Obviously you aren't following the right people.

It's run by one of the owners of Petit Bill's Bistro (Randy). This was the 4th one and is always a good time. It was at the War Museum this year, but they're looking around for another possible venue. It was a terrific spot.