Raon Kitchen at Carleton U [General]

2017 Sep 6
Raon Kitchen is the new face at the Carleton University Unicentre Food Court!!! They have a new Local Station that features a local pop-up feature on 4 month. Subway and Pizza Pizza can eat my bibimbap dust. Glorious days for the next 4 months!

2017 Sep 6
A non-chain/franchise, local food vendor, of quality, tasty food, in a university?????
Is that even legal???

2017 Sep 8
Couldn't believe my eyes! Lets see how long it actually lasts... A booster Juice has also popped upon Campus...

2017 Sep 26
Hello Everyone.

Can anyone enlighten me on the process of how to get a spot on Universities' food courts?

We operate a stationary food truck on Tunney's pastures and from the beginning, our goal was to make affordable hearty meals for students (we have special pricing for students). There were a lot of students, mostly from Carleton and U of Ottawa working summer jobs at Tunney's and they were asking if we could set up a shop at their food courts.

I tried to reach to both universities over email, but received no reply. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2017 Sep 27
A couple of ideas.

Reach out to Roan Kitchen and ask them, how they got a spot.
Find out who has the food service contract for the food courts.
Did you try contacting the student unions at the universities? They may be to point you in the right direction.

Good luck

2017 Sep 28
Hello "lovetoeat"

Great advises. I didn't really work on it except sending some inquiries through generic mailboxes. I will follow up with student unions. Keep your ideas coming.

Thank you.

2017 Sep 29
I work at the university. Dining Services is in charge of all food on campus except for some student union locations (they operate internally so I'm not sure they would be the right route).

The spot that Raon has is a local spot that rotates vendors every 4 months, so I would suggest you mention your interest in the "local" spot in the Unicentre Cafeteria.

Here is the contact for Dining Services/Aramark:

dining.carleton.ca/contact/

Good luck!