Spanish handson workshop with Mary Kosta - Paella and Tapas [Events]

2017 Jul 24
This hands on workshop at PC Cooking School Westboro with Mary Kosta is still in the planning stages but the initial thought is Paella with a few tapas... I am trying to gauge the amount of interest... As I said before Mary Kosta is Le Cordon Bleu London trained chef.

As with the previous 2 Greeks and a French workshop done in the last 12 months, Mary is giving us a price break on the normal private workshop price and it would be a very reasonable $45+HST ($50.85) to be paid to Superstore Westboro once the event is finalized.  The workshop should have enough food for a dinner at the end of the class...

As this is in the planning stages, we are opening to suggestions for the tapas to put on the menu...

We need minimal 12 people to run the workshop and I think normal maximum for workshop is 16 but we might be able to accommodate a few more people if needed.

Let me know if you are interested

2017 Sep 6
Okay I have booked the date for

Thursday Sept 28, 2017 at Westboro Superstore

and set the menu with Mary Kosta..

Chicken, shrimp and chorizo paella,
Spanish meatballs
Potato and Spanish ham Croquettes
Stuffed Piquillos tapas with goat cheese and sausage (stuffed peppers)

Cost : $45+HST ($50.85)

2017 Sep 8
I don't see the class listed on the cooking school website. Is it already sold out?

2017 Sep 8
FT is quite busy these days, so I will answer for her. The cooking class is one that FT arranged privately with Mary Kosta, it won't be on the Superstore website.

2017 Sep 11
I see...and are there any spots left?

2017 Sep 13
Yes there should be spota left and if interested I will need your full name and email or phone by PM to register you.

You either pay me by etransfer or with a little delay for me to get name to Mary Kosta and on list to pay at customer service at the store. Ideally I would like people to pay 1-2 week in advance since we need 12 to run the class and if we are a little short Mary can open it up to some regular attendees of her cooking class.

2017 Oct 12
This has been rescheduled for Oct 20 6-9pm and we should have enough people to proceed...

2017 Oct 13
Date: Fri Oct 20 6-9pm

This hands on workshop at PC Cooking School Westboro with Mary Kosta had the menu finalized for:

Chicken, shrimp  and chorizo paella
Spanish meatballs
Potato and Spanish ham Croquettes
Stuffed Piquillos tapas with goat cheese and sausage (stuffed peppers)

Mary Kosta is a Greek/American Le Condon Bleu London (UK) trained chef and she is both a chef de cuisine et patisserie.  She is one of my 2 favourite chef instructor in Ottawa at the moment and I go to a number of cooking classes in Ottawa and other places in my travels.

As with the previous 2 Greeks and a French workshop done in the last 12 months, Mary is giving us a price break on the normal private workshop price and it would be a very reasonable $45+HST ($50.85) rather than $65 to be paid to Superstore Westboro once the event is finalized.  The workshop should have enough food for a dinner at the end of the class...
I think we now have the minimal 12 people which we did not have when I tried to schedule it for Sept 28.  I think normal maximum for workshop is 16 but we might be able to accommodate a few more people if needed so a few spots remains.