Riverwalk Restaurant - Bracebridge [General]

2017 Jul 21
Not an Ottawa Foodies locale but I wanted to comment on a recent experience at Riverwalk Restaurant in Bracebridge (Lake Muskoka area) www.riverwalkrestaurant.ca/ It is a lovely location in the old Bird Mill building right at the Bracebridge Falls, between the 2 bridges. We enjoyed a very nice dinner on the patio earlier this week (sorry, no pictures of the food ) of local Trout and Quebec duck, both prepared beautifully. What I wanted to comment on was the service. I have an allergy to mushrooms, not anaphylactic but bad enough that if I eat them it will be a very unpleasant experience for me. My wife really enjoys mushrooms so often orders dishes with them when we go out. Fine with me, except it means that I do not get to try her food. In this instance, her trout was prepared with mushrooms. Having made note of my allergy (and my assurance that it was not anaphylactic and that I would be fine with my wife’s choice), the server and one of the chefs both came out to deliver our mains. The chef explained that the preparation of the trout allowed for the mushrooms to be presented separately on the side so she took the liberty of doing so in case I wanted to try the dish. I was extremely impressed with the thoughtfulness. It is always a treat to find a place that does something a little extra for its customers! And the trout was delicious!!

2017 Jul 26
I do love Bracbreidge, beautiful town! Will keep this in mind for my travels :)