chocolate conche [General]

2015 Dec 11
I'm looking to borrow a chocolate conche for a week or so to try out a couple of nut based recipes. I want to make a couple of smooth, nut-based butters to see if it is worth my time trying to make them more commercially.

Does anyone have one that a pretty young boy like me can borrow? Jars of delicious nutty spreads would be the compensation.

Time to be determined. I'm just putting some thought into this now so I have things lined up if I decide to go ahead with it. I still need to source some heart nuts, hazelnuts, and pistachio nuts.

Yeah, I know. Nuts.com. You don't need to say it. I'll start there and work my way around the internet.

2015 Dec 13
For nut butters,I thought people made them in a blender?
Like a Vitamix or something like that.

I only have a cheap $20 blender from Walmart,so no other help with machinery.

2015 Dec 18
I came across this recipe today for a pistachio butter that calls for a conche in case you get your hands on one and are looking for some things to try www.chefsteps.com

2015 Dec 18
Well, where do you think I got the idea from in the first place?
;)

2015 Dec 20
The pistachio butter sounds interesting.

I actually used to buy powdered pistachio from Malak pastry.
The owner used to sell me some during the summer, it was priced by the weight- and I'm sure if you ask he would do this, as they sprinkle pistachio powder on so many pastries there.

Malak pastry does sometimes make something similar to marzipan, but it is made with pistachio and cut into small squares. Kind of looks like fudge-but not too sure when they make this as I do not see this too often.

Nuts .com sells pistachio paste. I have not tried it yet:

nuts.com