steak and kidney pies [General]

2015 Nov 2
Who in Ottawa has the best?

2015 Nov 13
Well, either no one knows who makes the best streak and kidney pies in Ottawa or no one in Ottawa makes them, or maybe no one on OF likes them or...
Anyways, they have them at B&H grocers in Kemptville sometimes, like today. It's Friday and that may be why - I'm in there more often on Sun. to Wed. and don't see them often then. A small pie good for the 2 of us is $4.59. I've had and enjoyed their S&K pie but it's not dw's fave. If you wanted some from there I'd call ahead to see if they have them. Better still, call and see if they can make and reserve some for you. If you wanted a large size they do make them with other pies but I've never seen the S&K in a large size. I've been told before by the baker that they will make things for me with enough notice.
Of course, going to Kemptville might not be an option for you RestoCop.

For more info: the B&H Your Community Grocer

2015 Nov 14
Whomever is the guy at B&H in Kemptville is really good. Their lovely staff always tell me that he prepares all his stuff on Thursday but go Friday to be sure. The scotch eggs and ham are killer.

2015 Nov 14
They have hand pies of all kinds at the Manotick Village Butcher , including S&K the last time I looked. Really, really good. Big, too.

2015 Nov 14
We too buy the pies at B & H in Kemptville. They are excellent. We are particularly fond of the lamb pies and make the trip to Kemptville just to buy the pies, they are that good.

2015 Nov 19
The Great British Pasty and Pie Company.

Very well done

www.GBPastyandPie.ca

2015 Nov 20
I tried their English Breakfast pasty but it was a bot bland. Which one is the best?

2015 Nov 20
I smell another taste test challenge.

2015 Nov 29
Thanks everyone (especially Andy for getting the topic rolling)! I see that B&H is the prime contender. Sad to say, Kemptville is very much out of my way :(
However, if I find myself in the neighborhood I will definitely pop in. I guess the other way is maybe if there are fine food stores in Ottawa that restock their pies.

2015 Dec 10
Get to the Landsdowne Farmers Christmas Holiday Craft Foodie Family Stuff Sunday Sale Market.

At least three vendors were selling meat n stuff pies last week, including Great British (whom i happen to think are awesome).

2015 Dec 10
The Good Companion had some large and small tourtiere and small steak and kidney pies (as well as small steak and mushroom or chicken pot pie at their Xmas bazaar last Sat. Might still have some left but you need to call to be sure.