In search of tamarind sauce/chutney [Food/Vendor]

2015 Aug 31
I'm looking for tamarind sauce/chutney; the kind that is usually served with samosas. Any ideas where I can buy this? I've checked Loblaws South Keys, Walmart, and Metro, but can only find mango chutney and coriander chutney. Do I have to go to a specialty store?

Thanks!

2015 Aug 31
Rinag makes some locally, it's labeled as 'Sweet and Spicy Sauce.' You can probably get it at their HQ in Nepean near the Hunt Club Lowes, and I know Boushey's on Elgin carries it -- it's on a cooler shelf on the left after you go in, next to the pakoras (also Rinag). I think the Herb & Spice has it as well.

2015 Aug 31
Herb & Spice on Wellington has it. It's in the refrigerator case at the front, next to the samosas.

2015 Sep 1
Grace International on Bank has it, and also I think the Green Fresh on Montreal rd.
Ya really can't have a samosa without tamarind.

2015 Sep 1
Thanks to all for the leads. Is it me, or is it weird that this isnt available in mainstream grocery stores?

2015 Sep 1
Metro in the Glebe has a lot of indian sauces on the shelf.
Many that I do not see at other shops.

Cedar's grocery has some also,in little containers,maybe enough for 1 use.
Not sure who makes those.

I do not usually put sauce on my samosa,unless it comes with it.
Maybe ask an Indian restaurant to sell you some sauce.

2015 Sep 2
One of the Indian or South Asian stores should carry. Perhaps Vashili's on Carling. One of my co-workers makes it for me, so I have never had to buy it.

2015 Sep 2
Organic place upstairs at Billings Bridge has it.

2015 Sep 3
Walmart online- they carry a lot of ethnic brands that are not in the Ottawa stores.
They even have a ethnic section with English,South American,Phillipino foods.

2015 Sep 3
Thanks for the leads, everyone.
OSoloMeal; I checked there yesterday and couldn't find any; where in the store is it?

2015 Sep 4
Usually in the 'open' refrigerated section, just past the cash, above the samosas and bhajis. I bought it there a few weeks ago , but have only ever seen a couple of jars, likely because it does have an expiry date.

2015 Sep 4
Thanks; I didn't think to check the refrigerated section!

2015 Sep 4
Even Farm Boy has it.

2015 Sep 5
I was looking on the shelves, not in the fridge. When I asked employees they just kept walking me over to the "ethnic" food section and looking confused. Apparently this stuff is refrigerated! Thanks for all your help!