Peaches [General]

2015 Jul 26
Any good peaches out there yet?

2015 Jul 26
I've seen a few around town. Wait, what...?

2015 Jul 26
Harkening back to my 4th grade ukulele lessons...

2015 Jul 26
Any I have seen, including those brought up by Warner's to the Ottawa farmer's market, Westboro location, are hard as rocks. Despite the labeling, I have yet to meet a real honest-to-goodness tree ripened peach.

2015 Jul 26
There is a farmer at the Carp market who has peaches in a greenhouse. His are tree ripened (at least they were last year) Don't remember the name, but they are on the left side. About 1/2 way down, He is tall thin with grey hair and his wife has brown hair and is a bit stocky.

2015 Jul 29
We typically never buy non-Ontario peaches out of season, but we did buy a basket of South Carolina peaches a few weeks ago and they were excellent. It was hit and miss though as we bought a second basket and they ended up being a bit over-ripe. We tried to get Warner's at the market this weekend but they were sold out; we ended up buying a basket of Ontario peaches at Loblaws and they're just ok. A relative had a basket from Farm Boy and they were supposedly really good.

Growing up in the GTA, we had a peach tree in our backyard which I'm missing at this time of year, but happy that there is a good supply of Niagara peaches in the area now via the Market.

2015 Aug 1
Here's a 3 litre container of Niagara peaches I bought today for $2.88 (!) at the Hampton Park Plaza Food Basics (they are advertised in the current flyer, so I assume that they are available at all Ottawa area locations for that price). They just need a day or so of ripening.