Shine On [Booze]

2015 Jul 8
This is an "apple pie" flavoured "moonshine" product sold in Mason jars at the LCBO. It tastes just like you'd expect a Yankee Candle to taste.

I drink this stuff so you don't have to.

2015 Jul 8
At only 35% ABV, you'll need quadruple quotes around """"moonshine""""! ;-)

www.lcbo.ca

Rizak, I know you already saw this when I tweetered about it but for everyone else... I think I found the cheapest booze available at the LCBO:

www.lcbo.ca

It's a Canadian sherry (which are now supposed to be called "apera" in Canada), 20% ABV, 750 mL, $7.85+dep. Boozewise, it's the equivalent of a 26'er of 40% swill for $15.70! Unreal.

Too bad it doesn't taste very good. :D I squeezed some lime juice onto ice and poured the apera over it, making it quite drinkable. Like all dubious tasting stuff, this would make a fantastic sour! Much cheaper than pisco too.

2015 Jul 8
I want to pick up a couple of bottles just to pre-age some of my burnt oak aging tablets. I use them in cheap rye and scotch to add more flavour and mellowness, and like using sherry beforehand to give it that 'sherry-cask' appeal.

BTW, is there any kind of a subsidy I can apply for to do this kind of research?

2015 Jul 8
Oh, that reminds me.

There is a pre-made jug sized bottle at the LCBO: Crazy Uncle Uber Caesar.
Just don't.

www.lcbo.com

2015 Jul 8
No, but I'll invest. Let's say I invest 10% nd get 15% return on investment. So say I chip in 75 cents, I get 113ml of sherry. That's how it works right?

2015 Jul 9
Follow up to Rizak,

www.lcbo.com

This looks to be the same people, worst tasting sounding, and high ABV.