The Spud Box - Hwy 7 [General]

2014 Jul 17
We are taking No. 1 daughter to camp this weekend near Peterborough and I was wondering whether anyone has tried The Spud Box at Hwy 7 and Hwy 41 in Kaladar. It looks like an interesting place to stop but curious if anyone here has any experiences.

2014 Jul 17
My sister and I stopped here once but that was maybe 5 years ago. I remember the fries as being exceptionally good. Hope that helps.

2014 Jul 22
We just stopped there two weekends ago on our way to camping at Bon Echo (which was a fail due to the insane amount of mosquitos!).

Anyways, we wanted to eat something "healthy-ish" so we ordered two wraps, which are listed under the title of "wraps".

1. Chicken ceasar wrap - this contained about 80% lettuce and 20% chicken tenders - more like little bits of breaded chicken - we found 4 loony sized peices in the whole wrap. It was tasty and the ceasar salad inside was very fresh and crisp but (for i think $11?) it was a rip off.

2. Pulled pork wrap - this on the other hand was STUFFED with pulled pork - huge and generously filled......but....it's deep fried. They drop the whole filled wrap into the deep fryer. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious, but when I see "wrap" on a menu, I assume it's going to be a fresh tortilla with fresh ingredients inside. We were trying to eat healthier than burgers and fries or fish and chips. It would have been nice if their menu indicated that it was deep fried.

It was pretty pricey (about $26 for two wraps?). Not really worth it in my opinion, but the place was packed.

Oh, and they don't have a washroom - they tell you to go across the street to the corner store. The corner store has a sign that says washrooms for customers only. Sheesh.....