Best cheese plate in Ottawa? [General]

2013 Dec 23
Cheese fans, which restaurant do you think has the best cheese plate?
I've tried Beckta - they've got a nice way of presenting and explaining the different cheeses. Arc used to be a favorite but they recently raised their 3-cheese plate to $22. Juniper has a plate which is visually wonderful. In terms of bang for the buck quantity, the LIFT used to have a huge plate but I haven't tried it in a while....

So cheesies, what are your favorites?

2013 Dec 24
Last time at Main Street Cellars they had a nice offering, also Taylor's on Bank had a lovely plate that I paired with a 12 year old porto...

2013 Dec 26
Haven't been to Baccarat in a while, but there cheese service used to impress me.

2013 Dec 27
I like the cheese plate at play after 10pm - $20 for three cheeses and wine pairings. If you ask they can do up some really weird pairings and it's always different.

2013 Dec 28
Murray has good cheese plate too but the price is high...I find Ottawa to overprice their Cheese and Charcuterie plates...you get so little for what you pay. Play however is a good deal for 20$. Montreal is the place to go for cheese and charcuterie.

2013 Dec 30
The Albion Rooms has a great cheese plate but it was not cheap. Around 20-22, if I recall well, for 3 cheeses but it is accompanied by candied nuts, jam and nice crackers.

2013 Dec 31
The meat and cheese plate at two six {ate} deserves to be mentioned here (although strictly speaking it is not cheese only!). They make their own sausages and duck prosciutto and offer cheeses from Quebec.

I have also enjoyed what Taylor's Genuine has to offer. They have a large selection of charcuterie to choose from - some in-house made and some from Seed to Sausage. I also particularly the relishes and pickled vegetables made in-house that come with the plate.

2014 Jan 2
I'll second Taylor's. Nice portion size too.