Ottawa Wine and Food Festival 2013 [Events]

2013 Oct 15
Is anyone planning to go to this (Nov 1-3)? Any inside scoops on new or interesting booths?

I went for the first time in 2011 and had a great time. There was a huge Mexican booth in the foyer area, offering a multitude of tequilas and some great sotol (Hacienda de Chihuahua), which I see the LCBO has finally started to offer in the Toronto area. Food was pretty dismal but there were plenty of interesting drink opportunities.

My second visit, last year, was quite disappointing. Very little new product to be had. I was happy to discover Dictador rum (12 year now available at LCBO but not in Ottawa).

So I'm left wondering if I want to attend this year. Previous years, I went on Sunday afternoon -- admission was a little cheaper because of reduced hours, and the crowds were a little thinner. This year, I see the tickets are all $25 (except Saturday evening, which is $55) plus exorbitant Capital Tickets suckcharges.

The overall per-dollar value of this event is poor. But depending on the booths it *could* be a worthwhile way to sample new products... if only we knew which booths would be there. :S

www.ottawawineandfoodshow.com/

2013 Oct 15
I used to go every year for a few years, but similar to your experience, after the first year, there wasn't much new to try drinks or food wise. I kept going because of the party atmosphere on the Saturday evening (that was pre-MiniMe). Yup, at these prices, definitely not worth it! Maybe I am ageing but I'd rather go to a nice restaurant than wait in line for so-so food and drinks! I find that the wines are much better at the California or New Zealand wine shows. Most of the Wine and Food wines are available at the LCBO anyways!