Cooking Class? [General]

2013 Jan 3
Looking for a chef who will provide a (preferably hands on) cooking class for an evening to a group of serious foodies. I've been in contact with Cordon Blue and Urban Element already, but still looking for options that don't break the bank. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2013 Jan 3
How about Algonquin college?
I think some of the grocery stores and LCBO offer cooking class.

2013 Jan 3
I took a cookies class with the Ottawa Chinese Cooking Studio a while back either last winter (2012) or the winter before. It was an activity around my friend's birthday.

TheChef/Owner, Nancy Han, runs the school out of her house in a suburban neighbourhood of South Ottawa, I beleive she also teaches classes in other locations.

The class was very hands-on (we were a private group of 4 people).

Nancy is Chinese of origin, however, she offers classes with various types of authentic Asian menus (Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Indian and Korean). We chose the Korean menu.

You can refer to my forum posting for more details. (Sorry, I don't know how to post a link but if you search under my postings or cooking schools, you should find it.) I should add that I found the class relatively affordable - in the range of $55/person while private groups run in the ball park of roughly $60 - 65/person depending on the number of people, menu, etc. Classes lasted about 3 hours.

2013 Jan 3
Hi, My name is Chef Justin Scott and I am a holistic personal chef who provides culinary lessons. I am an independent small business, Kudos Cuisine. I am currenly developing the website but if you would to check out my foodie blog www.chejrsott.tumblr.com to get a glimpse of what I do and food I create. I have done lessons at loblaws and festivals. Please feel free to contact me directly kudscuisine@gmail.com to discuss ptions and pricing. I specialize in cooking with tea, Italian and International Cuisine. I hope to be hearing back from you soon, thanks.

Chef Justin

2013 Jan 3
I've only been to one class, but I really enjoyed my experience at Cuisine and Passion in Orléans.

2013 Jan 21
Cuisine and Passion has a decent venue and the one I took my Mom to she really enjoyed.

2013 Jan 21
-----
Looking for a chef who will provide a (preferably hands on) cooking class for an evening to a group of serious foodies. I've been in contact with Cordon Blue and Urban Element already, but still looking for options that don't break the bank. Any suggestions? Thanks.
-----

What kind of lessons are you looking for? At the very least what cuisine. Duration? Venue? Number of participants?

There are many chefs who would consider this but they aren't going to go chasing you down for information.

Present as complete a summary of what you want and what you are willing to pay.

Then the appropriate level Chefs will approach you.