Stoneriver Dining in Rockland [Food/Vendor]

2012 Sep 13
My wife, sister & brother-in-laws, and I ate at this German Steak & Seafood restaurant that opened about six months ago near Rockland. It was a house by the river turned restaurant.

I'll post pics and description.

2012 Sep 13
As you enter there is a dining area to the left with two large tables for bigger groups.

Not sure why the picture is upside down, but I assure you the tables are not on the ceiling.

2012 Sep 13
We ordered the deli plate for 2. It was a full plate, we just really hungry and ate a few items right away. I didnt think I would enjoy pickled asparagus, but this was made nice.

2012 Sep 13
We ordered the deli plate for 2. It was a full plate, we just really hungry and ate a few items right away. I didnt think I would enjoy pickled asparagus, but this was made nice.

2012 Sep 13
I thought my sister-in-law ordered the Kastell Shrimp, but this looks loke the lobster tail. Either way this was her main. Her husband ordered the Schnitzel with seafood cream sauce. And apparently the owner used his recipe for the potato. Maybe I should have suggested mote spices.

2012 Sep 13
This was the view of the outdoor patio from the solarium, where we were seated.

2012 Sep 13
We were told we could tour the basement where the hot tub and jaccuzi used to be. On the weekends I believe they have entertainment outside or in the basement lounge.

2012 Sep 13
The bar area downstairs.

2012 Sep 13
Dining area with dance floor. With people here it would seem less creepy.

2012 Sep 13
This is a better view (and not upside down) of the larger dining area, and raised dining area.
The hardwood floor and chairs are really nice. Of course they are new, so its still shiny.

2012 Sep 13
And this is the fountain out front. It used to be the swimming pool.

Our server and possibly co-owner, or wife of the owner mentioned that during all of October they will be celebrating Oktoberfest with music, special menu items.

We felt very welcome, but the low music and our table and two others were seated in the solarium, so it made for a bit awkward conversation.

Overall a pleasent experience. We will come back in Oktober and I will be trying out der brautwurst!

2012 Sep 13
How was the food?

2012 Sep 13
I guess I made a booboo with the Stone Haus Schnitzel description. My wife and I had this main, the chicken was tender and juicy, and the crust was perfect. It came with broccoli, asparagus and cream sauce, and a nicely presented mashed potato. Although I found the potato needed more seasoning, and I guess these were made in bulk because the middle was slightly warm but the ends were hot.

And as I mentioned, overall it was a great experience. Good food, great service, and a great view.