Service with a ... [General]

2007 Aug 13
I've had a few bad (although hilarious) experiences recently with the service (servers specifically) at a few restaurants.

1- After waiting 40 minutes for our food to arrive (with the server confirming our orders with us 15 minutes into the wait) at a place that we are usually in and out of in half an hour, the wrong food arrived. The server explained that he had confused the specifics of our orders (table of 2) with those of another table (of 8). The food sat on our table for 5 minutes as we discussed this. As he picked up our orders which we had rifled through in our investigation, he brought them straight to the other table to try and present them with slightly incorrect orders, and we were left to wait another half hour for our order. No apology was made, as our server asked another server to take over our table until the time came to deliver the bill.. --not too bad, but very odd.

2- This afternoon at the Chez Cora's on Rideau, 2 of our group had ordered similar dishes: Eggs "over, easy" with bacon & Eggs "over, hard" with bacon. The food arrived, and both looked to be over easy. We asked the server if one was "over, hard". She poked both orders with her finger, said "I guess neither of them are", and walked away.. --really odd, and downright disgusting.

I wonder if anyone had similar stories, or thoughts on what is reasonable to do, or expect in these situations.

2007 Aug 20
Please tell me the eggs were returned. ;)

2007 Aug 22
We ate around the offending fingerprints.

I explained the incident to the cashier as we paid, after she asked if I enjoyed my meal. She was pretty shocked. But her eventual response was " that will be $8.53"

2007 Sep 2
It was my aunt's birthday last week, and last night she called me to tell me all about the restaurants she went to. One of them was my recommendation (St-Estephe in Hull) and they absolutely loved it. Another one was Khao Thai on Murray in the market. She told me what happened and i just couldn't believe it.

She said the food was GREAT and the service was good too.. up until the point where she was up by the bar i guess (not sure where she was exactly), but she says she heard little clipping noises.. like when someone's cutting their fingernails or toenails. She absolutely hates that sound (i think she has a phobia haha) and she was looking around to see where it was coming from.

Well believe it or not, the waiter was behind the counter (or bar), cutting his toenails. :o

She said "i didn't eat one more bite after that and we left".

:)