Carp Farmers Market - When does it start and website? [General]

2008 Apr 30
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can give me any information as to when the Carp farmers market will start? I went to their website and, as of right now, it has a notice from network solutions that reads: carpfarmersmarket.com expired on 04/19/2008 and is pending renewal or deletion.

Cheers

2008 Apr 30
The last time I went on the website (in March) and was at the Easter Market, the date I recall is Saturday the 24th of May for opening day. Since the Ottawa Farmer's Market opens this weekend, there are several vendors that go to both. You could always ask one (Acorn Creek Farm comes to mind).

2008 Apr 30
You might want to confirm by their email:
carpmkt@magma.ca
It was Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm May - October (but this weekend for a start, I'm not sure).

2008 Apr 30
The opening weekend for the Carp Farmers' Market is May 10th and the hours will be the same as last year (ie Sat 8am to 1pm).

2008 Apr 30
Medicine Jar - Not sure what is going on with their Website, looks like they haven't renewed for 2008.

As for the dates, the latest info I had was from Gay Cook's column back in March. At that time she said the market would be open for the REGULAR Summer season (ongoing every weekend) starting on May 28th. See my forum topic HOT OFF THE PRESS at www.ottawafoodies.com

Unless things have changed, I'd be suspect if they'd be open on a weekly basis before that date, it is possible but does seem a tad early based on my recollections of previous years. I know a lot of times they are open for a specific special weekends, (as was the case for Easter) and could well be the case for Mother's Day on May 10th.

At this time with their website down, I'm not sure where you'd check for accurate info. Good Luck!

EDIT - Like that date made any sense? I swear I copied it from the Citizen Column back in March as May 28th (a Wednesday)... so I'm guessing it was supposed to be Saturday, May 24th. I'm sure something will appear in the paper as we get closer to the date. (If I see anything more, I'll let you know).

2008 Apr 30
I read "May 10th" in the recent edition of FoodMODE magazine.

Behold! foodmode.com/

2008 Apr 30
UrbanRoutine - Unfortunately, I can't access that site (I'm not a member). But you were correct in your date, as I was able to verify that info elsewhere (looks like I was searching the web while you were posting this info).

May 10, 2008 - I continued my Google search and although I couldn't find anything from the Carp Farmers' Market themselves I did find this date from an exhibitor - Opeongo Mountain Meadow Soap from Eganville. They list their commitment to the Carp Farmers' Market as May 10th thru November 1st, Wednesdays (?) and Saturdays from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM

2008 Apr 30
There seems to be some strange things with the Carp farmers market website. I was just at the website (carpfarmersmarket.com) with all the updates for the spring 2008 start - opening day is Mother's day May 10th. However, hubby was trying from another server and got the networks solutions page. Perhaps they are working on updates (or some such computer stuff - not my area!). However, looking forward to going on the 10th!

2008 May 1
According to the local posts (West Carleton Review, EMC (local publications) and local stuff--signs, notices in stores etc. the first day for the Carp Farmers Market seems to be May 10th (8-1pm)--day before Mom's Day. They usually have baked goods, a few crafts, meat, pussy willows, some herbs--too early for asparagus... I'm sure you'll find lots of baked goods, elk, bison, back-bacon-on-a-bun,vietnamese. It's always been a bit "sparse" opening day--this is Ontario!

2008 May 10
Bump!

I went today, looked like a good time to go for gardeners on the prowl for perennials and lettuce for their gardens. Otherwise, it was good to see Back Forty Cheeses make it out - I never saw them once last year! Also, a new hot food counter has opened - B's Indian Food. Looked really good, but I had to pass to get my beef-on-a-bun (it's tradition). Maybe next week!? Can't wait for more fruit & veg to become available... all I walked away with was some baked goods, Back 40 cheese and some apples (and beef on a bun in my tummy).

2008 May 11
We didn't get time to go this weekend and so I'm looking forward to next week. We tried B's Indian Food at the Easter market. They had a fabulous appetizer platter that would do for a party (or a very hungry family) at a reasonable price ($ which escapes me now). It came with a decent number of condiments as well.
I too was wondering about Back Forty cheese (yummy blue!) and so visited the website. On the site, it seems that Elizabeth Harker has passed away, so this may explain last year. My sympathies to all her family.

2008 May 12
Didn't get out there this weekend, but am looking forward to going soon, along with the obligatory side-stop at The Swan in Carp for lunch!