Beau's Beer Gears Up for Summer [Food/Vendor]

2008 Apr 17
Made an outing this past weekend to Eastern Ontario, and dropped in on Beau’s Beer. Chatted with Denise this time (Steve’s Mom / Tim’s Wife). The LCBO Release has been both a god-send and a whole lot of work. Sales have been WAY BEYOND expectation. Things haven’t been easy, but are getting easier as they work out the logistics. The team is now gearing up for summer and BBQ season (nothing like a beer on a hot summer day). They have stopped making their seasonal beer, Bog Water… look for it again next winter (although the day I was at the Brewery they still had a couple of Growlers left in the warehouse). Remember empties can always be returned to the Brewery (evidently empties that go to the Beer Store are lost to the Brewery because they are crushed).

Jen (Steve’s sister) updated the Website Blog today check it out at www.beaus.ca there you’ll find the latest news including:
- Steve & Matt attend the World Cup of Beer – GOOOO BEAU’s !
- Large load of ceramic swing-top bottles have arrived in from Germany (they are currently being painted in Montreal)… hopefully this will end that hurdle.
- New places to buy Beau’s on tap (a couple of watering holes for Golfers)
- Beau’s named the official beer of the Ottawa Jazz Festival
- Seasonal summer brew announced… Festivale (aka Festive-ale)

NOTEKennebec Fries in Alfred is now open again for the summer season. And over in Alexandria, the Priest’s Mill is still on its winter schedule (closed Mondays & Tuesdays), but will be back on its summer schedule (open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner) soon.

2008 Apr 17
I've drunken all my Beau's, so I've got a reason to go out for a refill. You saying that Kennebec's open just seals the deal. Thanks for the update!

2008 Apr 21
20,000 Bottles Arrive

Jen (Steve's sister) has just put another update on the Beau's Blog. The 20,000 bottles are to arrive today (Monday, April 21st) and she outlines how busy they'll be over the next few days getting the shipments ready and out to the LCBOs. Talk about labour intensive!

And in the future look for Mrs. McGarrigle's Mustard to feature a mustard made with Beau's Beer. YUM - YUM

For all the latest check out Beau's at www.beaus.ca

2008 Apr 21
I'm heading out there on Wed. Steve was kind enough to let the local brewers have their malt delivered there - so we're going out to pick it up and get a tour of the place. And I'll be picking up a keg or 2 of lug tread as well :-)

2008 May 6
My wife and I drove out to Beau's on a whim on Saturday, and were glad we did. We had the tour (including the free sample, of course) and bought a few bottles. Very tasty!

2008 May 7
We went out on Saturday, too! Got a few bottles, and another package of sausage, and celebrated the reoepning of Kenebec by eating lunch there. Holy crap I love whistle dogs and poutine.

2008 Jun 8

Just picked up some bottles at the LCBO on Richmond in Westboro.

2008 Jun 8
Oh, that's so "poverty pack" :-)

I've got a keg of it in the basement keg fridge (as opposed to the back shed keg fridge) just waiting for me to take it to Big Strange New Brunswick Brew!

Only 3 more days!

EDIT : just so that's not take the wrong way, "Poverty Pack" is what we always called a 6 pack

2008 Jun 10
Zym - Ok if I read this right you took a Keg of Beau's with you to Strange Brew in NB? If so, do let us know what your Beer Buddies thought of our Eastern Ontario Beau's Beer.

2008 Jun 10
Not took - taking. Tomorrow morning. Only 1 more sleep!

2008 Jun 23
Was recently out to Beau's in VanKleek Hill, and have discovered that they have had to make some changes... they are no longer offering the $ 2.00 Refund on returned 750 ml bottles. Turns out that the LCBO has some sort of rule that the Refund can only be equal to that at the Beer Store, so from now on it'll be 20 cents a bottle returned. However, in order to encourage customers to continue to visit the Brewery, since June 1st Beau's has implemented a sort of customer loyalty program that gives points that can be used for Beau's merchandise. And they have some nice new items. They are hopeful that customers will continue to come out to the Brewery (and bring their empties).

While I was at the Brewery I got a taste of the new summer ale, Festivale (a take on the words Festive-Ale). It will only be available at summer festivals where Beau's is on-tap, or if you are lucky to hit the Brewery on the right day. It is a nice red ale. If you really want a Growler, best to call the Brewery ahead of your arrival, because of its limited release, days that it in stock at the Brewery, it doesn't stay in the cooler very long. BTW, you won't find Beau's at the Bluesfest this summer... Molson's has that contract all tied up, but Festivale is being served at the Jazz Festival thru June 30th.

And word is that Mark (the Brewmaster) is recovering well from his recent car accident. Beau's wants to thank everyone who sent cards or messages of support to Mark.