Steak: Part two [Food/Vendor]

2008 Mar 9
I'm a relative newbie to the Ottawa scene, having just recently begun commuting from Montreal for work during the week.

This week, my mom is coming into town for work as well, and really wants to go out for dinner. She specifically mentioned "really good steak". I'll be taking care of the bill, so price isn't a concern. I've done some searching on the forum, but the steak thread I found is a year old now, and we all know how much the food scene can change in a year!

Now, while I am a major food eater, steak is something I generally do at home so I don't go out of my way to find it. My first thought was to take her to the Wellington Gastropub, which I love, but I know she'll want to pick the cut.

Luxe Bistro seems like a likely choice, with its nice steak menu.

What are your thoughts? Is Luxe likely to blow us away in the steak department, or is there another contender around?

2008 Mar 9
I'd recommend trying Sterling on the Gatineau side, it's right across the bridge.

Luxe is apparently very good, though, the head chef has relocated and started his own restaurant now, Benitz Bistro - which you may also want to check out instead!

2008 Mar 10
Luxe is still terrific. It still serves the steak I like the best in the city...