March [General]

2008 Mar 1
Another Day, Another Snowstorm! So is the winter of 2007-08. To mark this the first day of March, and as the old saying goes "In Like a Lion... Out Like a Lamb", I was wondering if anyone has any favourite places in the city to eat Lamb dishes.

Or perhaps a favourite recipe or way that you like Lamb prepared?

--- --- ---

On the other hand, Recipes for LION are optional

;-P

2008 Mar 1
"The Man" likes the lamb served at Four Cuisines Bistro on Preston Street.

It is a "New Zealand Rack of Lamb with roasted garlic in a classic French Style with cognac and rosemary sauce. Served with fine vegetables and hand cut matchstick potatoes". All this for $ 17.95

Hard to beat!

2008 Mar 1
F&T, I just cloned your comment to the "Lamb at Four Cuisines Bistro" comment section. Now I will have to go and try it. I love good food at a good price! :-)

2008 Mar 1
I liked the lamb tajine I had at La Gazelle, a Moroccan restaurant, in Hull. The meat was so tender and very savoury. Otherwise, Les Grillades makes good grilled lamb, Lebanese style, just above Allium on Holland Ave. Les Grillades is pretty spartan, so don't expect anything fancy, but the food is quite good.

Also had a great lamb shank at Culinary Conspiracy, served in the wine braising sauce & braised shallots... delicious, but not available anymore since the menu changes every 2-3 weeks.

2008 Mar 2
I don't cook lamb enough.

This is doubly-bad, because I have stacks of wine that would probably make magic in my mouth when served with lamb, but I never do it!

One thing I like doing with lamb when I do make it, though, is marinating steaks (from the leg, not the shoulder) in garlic/olive oil/lemon/rosemary, and then cooking them off like any other steak made from beef. Delicious.

There's also a recipe for seven-hour lamb shank in the Les Halles cookbook that I've been wanting to try out for quite some time. You seal your cooking vessel up with dough (inedible) and cook it in the oven. A quick google search popped up the recipe for me: www.jemangelaville.com

2008 Mar 2
I just like lamb chops. From my local farmer of course. Mmmmmm, haven't gotten lamb from him in a few years but it may be time again ...

And here's hoping March goes out like a lamb because I've got a bad case of the winter blues for the first time in my life :-( C'mon spring!

2008 Mar 2
How about the lamb at Le Panaché, Le Panaché ? I have a photo of the lamb posted there.

My friends always went there for their lamb.

2008 Mar 2
Just made some lamb burgers with goat cheese last weekend, we (wife and I) don't have lamb all that often but we do enjoy it.