"the beef is made out of chopped up cows" [General]

2008 Feb 27
Says boy #1 to boy #2 at the supper table tonight :-)

2008 Feb 27
As they say kids say the d@mnedest things. This is one to write down and keep.

But ya gotta LOL, afterall this is the simplist explanation... a direct line to the truth.

When it's said that way though, you would think more kiddies would want to be vegetarians.

2008 Feb 27
From another forum ( ottawafoodies.com/forum/834) Sushifan writes "I think Chocolate counts as a meat because the milk used (ed. in it) has passed through a cow."

Got me to think... Beef is vegetarian because it is grain 'locked into' a cow/steer.

Mooooooo !!

PS: Speaking of kids 'direct line to truth', one of my girls, who slept in a bunkbed, once said, "Look daddy !! A Bunk Bus !!", This was when she first laid eyes on the English Double Decker Bus that drives tourists around this city,

2008 Feb 27
OMG Captain Caper!

I was not really watching this beef thread as Im not so interested in cow, but something told me to look anyways... I just about fell off my chair laughing as I read you quoting me and then making beef vegetarian, I never thought of that and love how you threw my logic right back at me, thanks for the great laugh at the end of a not-so-funny day! :)

2008 Feb 28
My oldest daughter used to say "chicken, mmmmm!" everytime she saw a picture of a live chicken on tv. She was only 2 then. She's 16 now and has not eaten meat or poultry in 3 years.