Australian foods available in Ottawa? [General]

2008 Feb 24
Does anyone know of any store selling Australian products here in Ottawa? I would love to get my hands on a pack of Tim Tams and especially a Polly Waffle bar. Vegemite, which I am told is an acquired taste, was something I took to the first time I tried it, and thankfully that is available in many places - but no sign of a Tim Tam or a Polly Waffle!

2008 Feb 24
Tim Tams have been reintroduced by Loblaws after an absence of a few years. The Loblaws in Bells Corners had them within the last couple of weeks, but I was there today and they appear to be out of stock (...and that's the subject of another thread). You might want to try a few others. Sugar Mountain has Violet Crumble bars sometimes. I haven't seen Vegemite around recently (I don't go out of my way looking for it, mind you). Boushey's used to carry it, and Loblaws too for that matter.

2008 Feb 24
Harvest Loaf in Hintonburg/Westboro (on Wellington) is run by an Aussie - he makes Aussie meat pies and Lamingtons.

2008 Feb 25
hey F-is-H,

Does your Aussie friend make 'Roo Pies ?

From the WiKi's Aussie Mest Pie entry: "The meats allowed by Food Standards Australia New Zealand in a meat pie are beef, buffalo, camel, cattle, deer, goat, hare, pig, poultry, rabbit and sheep. Kangaroo meat, a leaner alternative, is also sometimes used."

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm 'Roo Pie !!! for lunch and a Lamington for dessert, all washed down with a schooner or two of Tooheys, XXXX, Coopers, Cascade, Carlton, Victoria Bitter, or Swan. oh yah !! mmmmmmmm.

But ya goota see some Aussie Rules Footy, when your horken' down the 'roo pie.

2008 Feb 25
Ahhh Cooper's... what a delicious brew!