New Foodie [General]

2008 Feb 23
Hi everyone,

Been lurking for awhile, but am having a quiet Saturday afternoon so figured I'd sign up.

Lived in Ottawa for most of my life. I recently returned from Ireland where I ran a hostel/B&B for a year and did some backbacking. Have sampled dishes (and drinks, lots of drinks) in Ireland, Scotland, France, Belgium, Luxebourg, the Netherlands, Germany, Hungary, Italy, the Czech Republic, Austria, Spain and Portugal. But I was glad to get home for a Sgt. Major, a good Niagara Cab Franc and a pizza from Gabriels.

Favourite food is usually peasant type stuff, meat and potatoes, stews, sausages. I also go for well prepared, original Canadian. Domus is my favourite restaurant at the moment. I'm a regular at Bottega's sandwich bar. Most disapointing meal I've had recently was Black Cat. I'm a bit of a beer fanatic, you'll often see me lurking around the craft/import sections at the flagship LCBO store and the one in Orleans. Love Scotch-Irish and am nervous about their future since Perry Mason left, and enjoy Beau's as a regular session brew (their bogwater was also darn tasty). So yeah, Hi!

2008 Feb 23
Welcome aboard !!

There are currently no reviews of the Beau's products on Ottawa Foodies.
ottawafoodies.com/vendor/1433

Feel free to add your thoughts/experiences with those great tasting, locally made, ales.

2008 Feb 23
Thanks Captain, done, done and done. ;)