Bam! Martha Stewart buys Emeril [General]

2008 Feb 20
For $50 million.

And she also bought the rights to his trademark "Bam"!

2008 Feb 20
I know it's been difficult for her to get a date now that she's been a "convict" (eHarmony would definitely reject her). LOL

But this is ridiculous!

BAM indeed

;-P

2008 Feb 20
I find this interesting, is there a link going into detail about the sale, what did she buy, his foods, hardware, his soul perhaps? His food line started off well, until he got greedy and began putting awful products on the market, now his foods are pretty much gone off the shelves.. Id love to learn more about Martha's involvement.

2008 Feb 20
Sushifan - Its all over the web news services. I read it on the Globe & Mail Website. The deal is for the cookbooks, tv show and cookware divisions only. Emeril will retain the 11 Restaurants and Head Office operations.

2008 Feb 20
Thanks, Ill have another look at the Globe.

2008 Feb 20
Did Food and Thinks comment cause anyone else to picture Martha/Emeril demon spawn...or am I just seriously disturbed?

2008 Feb 20
Mousseline - No doubt about it you are disturbed!

;-P

I just couldn't resist being the first poster after reading Zymurgist's wording... it was just too d@mn easy. LOL

2008 Feb 20
Mousse: You are disturbed. ;)

I have to admit, I've eaten at an Emeril's restaurant and it was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. They had an amazing wine list, the food was excellent and the service was the best I've ever had at any restaurant I've ever been to. At least he kept the part of his business that works, and seems to be doing quite well.

2008 Feb 20
Ever notice a condesending undertone to Emeril when he is doing 'ethnic cooking' on his show ?, other than Italian.

He looks 'bothered', to me, that he has to do this cooking and his reading off q-cards in a monotone voice has shown me that his heart is not in it.

BAM !!!!

Let's "Kick it up a notch" !!!

2008 Feb 20
Chimichimi - Which restaurant did you go to? I had always heard not such great things about his restaurants and never considered going for that reason. Perhaps, I should reconsider if I am in the area.

I used to be a really big fan of Emeril - though I always thought the original Essence of Emeril was a ton better than Emeril Live. While I don't follow him much anymore (he got a little too big for me), I can say I never had a dish of his fail and that's a big compliment in my book to someone who is providing recipes. .

2008 Feb 20
I went to Emeril's in Orlando, FL. We had heard similar things, that the restaurants were overrated, blah blah whatever. The food was solid, nothing pretentious or overly fancy. Our server was so knowledgeable, not pushy, never rushed us, and always helped us when we had questions or required assistance. I had a calamari appetizer w/ smoked tomato sauce, shaved parmesan & olive salad which was excellent, and braised beef rib on celeriac/parsnip puree with roasted mushrooms & pan sauce (which tasted like port was used to deglaze). My SO had salmon with red wine reduction, tomato & basil salad & polenta. We both had Anchor Steam seasonal christmas ales with it, despite the amazing wine list (we're talking a wine BIBLE here).

2008 Feb 22
you guys might be amused by this:

(it's from Letterman and is safe for work)

2008 Feb 22
I've copied many recipes from Emeril's books (from the library, of course) and I consistently use his spice recipes, Cajun and Creole, for all kinds of things. The rubs are good and cheap, and great on BBQ. I've never seen his show (don't get the Food channel) and I've never bought the pre-made stuff, 'cause for the ingredients it was way overpriced.