LF: flat bread [General]

May 14
I honestly can't remember what it's called. The word manouche keeps coming into my head, but I don't think that's right.

It's a rectangle about 10" wide and 2' long maybe? It's sealed in a plastic bag and hard to get home without bending.

I love it toasted with homemade hummus, but haven't been able to find it in a while. I could usually find it at Nicastro's or Farm Boy.

Any leads would help to sate my craving.

May 14
Sounds like some sort of Lebanese store would have this, in my area (Orleans) I'd try something like George's Meat Shop. If not, Adonis on St Laurent.

May 14
I think I know what you are talking about, is it a bit puffy? Mid East Food has it.

May 14
Produce Depot south keys sells it

May 14
@Rizak From the description, it sounds like you are thinking of this? :
www.manoucher.com

I used to get it at Farm Boy, but they aren't listed anymore. Seems like you can get a selection from Costco online, but they also list Sobeys & Loblaws.
www.costco.ca
I know Sobeys owns Farm Boy now, but I haven't seen it there for years.

This is in contrast to the Lebanese street food / flatbread with za'atar which most people seem to be (understandably) recommending i.e. the Manoucher bread company doesn't really resemble Manoushe bread.

May 15
Shiraz Grocery Store on Somerset has this type of bread, or at least they did a few months ago. There were several different types of breads just inside the front entrance.

I've also seen it at Adonis on Boulevard Maloney, if you can get to Gatineau.

May 15
Produce Depot on Carling normally has a great selection of different styles of flatbreads.

May 15
There's also an Adonis on St Laurent!

May 15
Thanks, Ratty. That's exactly what I was looking for. I suppose I'll try the Metro near me to have a look. It's just a craving, but since we're planning to go out to get some Falafal On Wheels tonight, I know I'll be getting extra hummus. I can use pita, but it isn't the same as finger thin strips of this lovely bread, toasted, for dipping. Just yummy.