Looking for Anthon Berg sweets in NCR (help for a prize :) ) [Food/Vendor]

2008 Feb 16
Hi again! My wife is a great fan of Anton Berg marzipan sweets, and brought a few boxes to Ottawa from Europe... anyway they're about to astonish in a couple of weeks and I wanted to make a good surprise for her, filling up her reserves a bit but I couldn't find Anton Berg produce anywhere in NCR. Has anyone met in the stores - probably some small gourmet food shops with European deli...? I would really appreciate any hint (I'm ready to go either Toronto or Montreal in case there's something there). PS If it can be found in NCR, I offer a prize - a bottle of Stolichnaya to the person, who gives a hint.

2008 Feb 16
Hi! I'd expect you might find them at the European Delicatessen European Delicatessen or just maybe at one of the bigger Swiss Pastries Swiss Pastries locations (Carlingwood or Billings Bridge).

Failing that, according to the Anthon Berg website you should be able to get them in Toronto and Montreal: anthonberg.com/518/default.htm

2008 Aug 7
I was away for some time, but finally I checked European Deli... and the bottle goes to Fresh Foodies. Let me know how to pass the prize :)

2008 Aug 7
FF is away on vacation right now, and he instructed me to store all prizes for him until he returns :-)

2008 Aug 7
Zym - You sly cat... I never saw you as a vodka guy.

Moscovite - Congratulations on finding the sweets for "your sweet". Fresh Foodie is away on vacation, but perhaps you could leave a message for him on his Profile Page warby

2008 Aug 8
If Fersh Foodie is warby, iwonder who is admin and nobody ?

2008 Aug 8
2 is admin
1 is likely for the anonymous not-logged-on user

2008 Aug 12
Actually user 1 is "nobody". If I delete someone's account, that person's forum postings show up as being from "nobody."

Moscovite, that's a kind offer but the information here is free! :-) (Easy to say since my liquor cabinet already contains a very nice bottle of Stolichnaya.)