Opening Soon... 2020! [Food/Vendor]

Jan 3
Gyubee Japanese Grill will be opening on Dalhousie between York and Clarence. They're a Toronto-based franchise offering AYCE tabletop cooking on wire mesh grills.

www.gyubeejapanesegrill.com

I'm excited about wire mesh grills because thinner grill bars interfere less with radiant heat transfer (grilling). Somewhat ironically, significant grill marks are a symptom of suboptimal grilling conditions involving too much conductive heat transfer.

Jan 4
German Doner Kebab opening soon at 272 Elgin Street (beside Ministry of Coffee).
www.germandonerkebab.com/

Appears a UK-based franchise and new to NA.
"...and can be consumed day or night." Good to know. :)

Jan 4
About Doner... I only recently learned (see video below) that the correct pronunciation of the word in Turkish is more like DUH-ner (not doh-NAIR). The German "Döner" aligns well with the Turkish pronunciation.

So if you care about food pronunciation (see also: Bruschetta and Spätzle), say DUH-ner! 😉

youtu.be/0nNr8MEg4Sc

Jan 5
Real Fruit Bubble Tea opening soon in the Rideau Centre

Jan 5
According to reddit Toronto restaurant The Burgers Priest will be opening a location in Ottawa. Apparently it will be opening at Bank and Heron where the KFC used to be.

Jan 5
Dal Moro's Fresh Pasta to Go, a Venice-based pasta franchise with locations in Barcelona and Toronto plans to open at 8 ByWard Market Square in January 2020.

Jan 5
YESSSSS! A pasta place in my stomping ground is the best news I've heard yet! The pasta at La Bottega is awesome but having a whole store full of fresh pasta is awesome news.

Jan 5
"Pasta lover:

According to reddit Toronto restaurant The Burgers Priest will be opening a location in Ottawa."

Oh thank God!

Jan 8
Spark Beer is now open. No food available yet but that will be coming soon. The beer is very very good. On Somerset in Chinatown between Arthur and Cambridge.

Jan 10
The old Mandaloon resturant which is at the corner of Industrial and Russel Road has been sold to the people who own Cedar's bought it and it is going to be a roadhouse soon.

I live in the the area (Riverview Park) and this could be awesome. People may recall that Mandaloon was sketchy and there was a shooting there years ago and it's been vacant since.

Jan 10
You use 'roadhouse' why?

...as opposed to shawarma/Lebanese restaurant, which would be consistent with what they do at Cedars.

Jan 10
..because they told my wife it was going to be a roadhouse.

And judging by the old pick up truck parked out front the decor that I have seen so far, it would jive that it's a roadhouse...