Birthday dinner. [General]

Apr 11
Last week of April. Last year I went to Signatures and it was wonderful. This year I had planned on going to Allium but that is off the table with the fire. Suggestions please, bearing in mind I dine alone on my birthday so group experiences aren't a viable option.

Apr 11
Albion Rooms is a good dine alone place. You can get one of their fabulous cocktails. There is something very sophisticated and grown up about drinking a cocktail by yourself. . . .

Apr 11
How about Bar Laurel or Carben? BL is more casual, great cocktails and food. Carben, the food and service are impeccable.

Apr 11
Seconding Albion Rooms, I've had a couple lovely solo meals there.

Apr 12
Beckta on Elgin. Classy, professional, delicious. I don't think i've ever been the only person dining there alone. And when the food, service and setting are that good, you could care less about being (o)solo.

Sur-Lie, on Murray. Same. Little more casual.

Taqueria La Bonita. Because if anyone reaches for my tacos i will stab them in the hand with the nearest implement, so dining solo minimises chances of innocent bystanders being injured.

Apr 12
I was at La Bonita for lunch last Saturday. Definitely food worth assaulting someone.