Worst [General]

Nov 7
Entertaining thread at Reddit on worst Ottawa restaurants (www.reddit.com).

Nov 7
That thread is pure internet gold.

Nov 7
I like the Blue Cactus portion of the thread, never really understood how that place was always busy, I've had several bad meals there, and service is never that good.

Nov 7
Blue Cactus... Mediocre to meh in my experience, but i would not have put it at 'worse' in the city.

A certain chain of pubs referred to in the reddit thread takes that prize in my opinion.

Nov 7
Fun read, why canít we be more like that? lol!

Nov 7
Well we have the Moxies thread! It seemed amusing at the time... ottawafoodies.com

Nov 7
Ah, yes, good times. In light of recent developments regarding sexual harassment in the industry, this old thread may take on new meaning.

Nov 7
Ooh that was fun. Was surprised/encouraged to see Flapjack's there. Went once, had a god awful experience in both service and food, but didn't leave a review as I thought maybe it was a one-off and didn't want to rip what seemed like a likeable enough operation. Haven't gone back and never will.. but good to know I'm not alone. Though still always seeing people in there anytime I walk by.

Pretty sure I also still see lineups at the Blue Cactus (and pretty sure they're not the ones for Zak's, which are almost equally confusing).. amazing how that place survives while having a universally awful rep. It is instantly bashed in any threads of this kind

Nov 7
Can anyone explain this Flapjacks Ďtip up frontí thing?

Nov 8
"Can anyone explain this Flapjacks Ďtip up frontí thing?"

Ah, herewego, courtesy of a Yelp review...

"You go in and are seated and handed a menu, you then need to get up and go to the cash to order your food... at this point you need to pay, as well as tip your non-service server.. There is even a sign about why you should tip the server.. ".

That's.... different.

Nov 8
Pretty much- you order your food, pay then take a number, and put a tip. If service and or food is bad like it usually is at Flapjacks they arenít held accountable. Art-Is-In does the same thing. Only difference is food and service is reliably good at Art-Is-In.

Nov 9
Ooookay, that makes sense, tnx NatMan.
ArtIsIn has always been like that while Flapjacks used to be 'normal' table service so i didn't make the connection.

Nov 14
looooool at the reddit thread - but also tbh I feel like the service style change at Flapjacks has actually improved the service despite the fact they tend to mix up our orders a lot...