Cumin ribs? [General]

2018 Oct 27
Courtesy of Anthony Bourdain’s Shanghai episode, I need to try cumin ribs. Anyone know where I can find some on Ottown?

...please note “make your own” is not a helpful answer and will be responded to with scorn and yo moma jokes...

2018 Oct 28
Why is "make your own" not helpful? I've made ribs in smokers, but also gas grills and even the oven.

2018 Oct 28
Because if I was going to do that I wouldn’t expend pixels and fingertaps asking the question about where to go for someone else to make them for me, would I?

....that was the scorn part. Yo moma something something in the oven something.

2018 Oct 28
Have you considered making them yourself though?

2018 Oct 28
I scanned a few of the more likely candidates and came up empty...

* shanghaione.ca/menu/
* www.tdrharmony.com
* www.harbinrestaurant.com
* delicioussichuan.com/blog/ (Chinese Dragon BBQ)

Lots of cumin lamb in there, but specifically no cumin pork ribs. From what I can see, Chinese Dragon BBQ has the greatest selection of ribs so they might have something like it.

But have you considered making them yourself? dadinnerblog.wordpress.com 😂😛

2018 Oct 28
Whoa! Those sound good, warby. I love cumin and ribs and these look really good! Must make. 👍🏽

2018 Oct 29
I want to try ziran paigu and none of you are helping me.

Oh, the betrayal.

2018 Oct 29
It looks like you are going to have to go to Shanghai for them.

2018 Oct 29
Fine. I'll just frikkin go there and eat some.

...seriously, Mtl no, TO no... the closest i can find the damn tasty looking things is NYC. Which is admittedly closer than Shanghai.

....or i suppose i could make my own.... dammit.

2018 Oct 29
Well if you're making some anyway....

2018 Oct 29
#DIBS

Oh, wait. Was that human ribs? Nevermind then.

2018 Oct 30
OSoloMeal, maybe you could organize a private cooking class with m.chinesecookingstudio.com featuring these cumin ribs...cheaper than flying to China. It may or may not be easier for you than making them yourself. 😉

2018 Oct 30
Does a private cooking class involve me watching tv and drinking Tsingtao while someone else gets the supplies, cooks the ribs, serves them to me, stands by in case i want more beer or a second helping of ribs, then cleans up afterwards, all in exchange for money?

2018 Oct 31

Yes.

2018 Nov 14
Only because its so much fun to poke - I've had them (in china) and they are delicious. They taste like cumin lamb, except pork. Go figure. I have not seen them here, but I was in Winnipeg recently and they have a few really good Chinese restaurants that do have them. Go to Huang Pu - its a cheaper flight than to Beijing.