Donuts in Ottawa? [General]

2008 Feb 1
Is there anywhere to get real freshly made donuts in Ottawa (or anywhere near Ottawa) anymore? I remember years ago I had a really good donut at the Carp bakery but I have no idea if they are still around and it's a little far to go just for a donut.

2008 Feb 1
I am not aware of a decent fresh donut shop in Ottawa. Google Voodoo Donuts, in Portland... Ottawa needs something like that!!! And a decent burrito vendor!!! I'd be willing to go into business with anyone who wants to set up one of two of those shops. LOL... seriously though. *ahem*

2008 Feb 1
I haven't been there in a while, but the Richmond Bakery had doughnuts. I remember picking up some chocolate glazed and thinking about how much better they were than the ones at Tim's. I only remember a very basic selection of varieties but, as I said, I haven't been out there recently.

2008 Feb 2
Kowloon Market has donuts, but they are plain donuts with regular granulated sugar on them. And China Town Cake and Bakery shop usually has the same kind of stuff offered at Kowloon. I don't know of any other place that has real (not from a standardized mix or bake-off) made on the premises donuts.

2008 Feb 2
I've been meaning to make doughnuts forever. They seem fairly easy: community.livejournal.com

2008 Feb 2
Ohh man. Now I want to make both donuts and bagels (see Pam's link). No better way to make sure they are fresh! ;)

2008 Feb 2
Hey, Toronto foodie - get out of here! ;)

2008 Feb 2
*cri* But I like you guys! ;)

2008 Feb 2
lol... well I'm not certain if they are made on the premises... but Rideau Bakery has doughnuts every morning, but if you don't go pretty early they do sell out quickly. They are VERY yummy.

2008 Mar 18
So today I was at the Zellers on St. Laurent returning something and as I walk in there was this incredible smell. I look over and there is a mini donut stand with a little deep/fryer conveyor belt thing going and a man wearing a cute chef's outfit...lol. Anyway I bought a box of mini donuts for $4 and the guy was nice enough to give me some really fresh ones and make them half cinnamon sugar, half powdered sugar. They are a little greasy and don't have quite the spicy nutmeg taste I usually like in an old fashioned donut but they were warm and fresh!!

2008 Mar 18
This is so strange, since I was just recently remembering when I was little and my auntie used to make fresh donuts! Mmmmmmm.....