Anyone else see this? [General]

Sep 4

www.foodnetwork.ca!Food-Hall-Ottawa-Ottawa-ON-e1520650511265
Ottawa new food hall?

[For those who don't want to click through to the hideously unresponsive Food Network site, this refers to a 6-business food court with 300 seats purportedly going into 50 O'Connor Street this fall. -warby]

Sep 6
Huh... look at that.

Can't hurt that the light rail is going in to the same building.

Sep 7
Doesn’t the Rideau Centre have a “Food Hall”?

Sep 7
Tree, yes, but is it artisanal?

Sep 7
Craft. It's all about 'craft'.

Sep 7
Tree, yes, but is it artisanal?

Sep 9
I know someone who is getting a spot, and he is very excited. It is expected to be very busy, and we've been ramping up production to help out when they open. Whenever that is. Luckily, my stuff doesn't have a shelf life. This will be a coffee shop / sandwich and quick bites / bar.

Sep 9
Does anyone else find it a bit odd that this would be on the list of The Ultimate Guide to Canada’s Best Food Halls & it's no where near open yet??

Sep 9
Good catch Terry! I put the Food Network only a few rungs above the Narcity-like dregs when it comes to saying anything they want in order to get traffic. It doesn't have to make sense... it just needs to sound exciting!

Speaking of Narcity, they recently listed King Eddy (Clarence St), Cacao 70 (William St), Khao Thai (Murray St), Mezzanotte (Murray St), and Table 85 (Bronson St) in a list of "The Best Restaurants in Ottawa that are Surprisingly ALL in the Suburbs."

At first I was horrified by the inaccuracy but then I realized it's probably a deliberate troll to get horrified people like me to share the link and drive more traffic to their festering servers...

Sep 9
It's not the first time this kind of thing has happened even with an established critic that once praised a restaurant that was a good week away from opening...

Sep 10
clickbait article titles that promise 'ultimate' anything are hardly worth taking seriously. That said, the article was about 'food halls', it's a future shiny new food hall in a city they want clickies from. Not utterly off topic.

Sep 11
God, how I hate Narcity and their policies.

Sep 11
Narcity has policies?

Sep 13
Maybe just the way that they still exist.