Egg coffee [Food/Vendor]

2018 Aug 30
Have you ever tried egg coffee in Hanoi, Vietnam? It is so unique and tasty.

Egg coffee is a must-try drink when you come to Hanoi, Vietnam.
Its flavor is a perfect fusion of bitterness of coffee and richness and sweetness of eggs. So amazing!!
Ingredients and preparation:
Ingredients for making coffee include fresh chicken eggs, sugar, milk, coffee. Egg yolks are hand-wiped with milk, sugar, and then boiled. The cup of coffee floats in a fragrant brown color. Egg coffee is made from egg yolks blended in with coffee, which is then well blended, and hot or ice coffee is poured into the beaten eggs, which will form a beautiful and aromatic foam. A teaspoon is also provided in order to eat the cream foam before drinking the coffee at the bottom.
Egg coffee is contained in a small cup. To keep the drink warm, the waiter puts a cup of coffee in a bowl of warm water. After being poured over the cream made from eggs, the coffee at the bottom of the cup acquires a richer taste. In the past, eggs were just hand-beaten, so it took time and the foam of the eggs could not be achieved. Now, after the eggs have been smoothed with the machine, hot or ice coffee is added, together with cocoa eggs, egg white beans and matcha (tea powder) eggs. It can be served either hot or ice.( Source: Hanoieggcoffee).
Some suggested coffee shops in Hanoi, which are worth a visit:
azlocaltrip.com/egg-coffee/

2018 Aug 30
The next time I'm in Hanoi, I'll have to give that a try!

2018 Aug 30
Normally I’d want to delete a post like this but I read the whole thing and the wording brought me great joy. So I’ll leave it in case others are also able to enjoy it. 🍳☕️🥚

2018 Aug 31
“The cup of coffee floats in a fragrant brown color.”

Ooooooooo trippy.

2018 Sep 6
let me just book my flight...