Roti [General]

2018 Jun 27
Does anyone know where the best roti in Ottawa is?

2018 Jun 27
I miss Frederick so much. Tears.

Caribbean Flavours

2018 Jun 28
Island Grill, Island Flava, Fishy’s Tropical Garden, are the 3 I frequent. They are all OK, but I think Island Grill is my fave. Nobody in town that I know of makes doubles, a staple appetizer from Trinidad.

2018 Jun 28
The Belmont (www.belmontottawa.com/) has Trini doubles. I can't speak to their authenticity (they're the only ones I've had) but they are very tasty!

2018 Jun 28
Check out Do Good Food of Carling near Bayshore and the Coliseum(80 Burland St, Ottawa, ON K2B 6K1)!

They offer great Carribean food. I sure do miss Frederick too.

2018 Jun 28
I really miss both Caribbean Flavours and the short-lived Trini place that was in Bell's Corners a few years ago (Trini Caribbean Delights, I think?). And also the Caribbean Cruiser truck.

The best of the current options is probably Fumi's but they seem to have terrible hours. Last time I ordered from Island Grill just about everything we ordered had that frozen mixed vegetable blend in it (peas, carrots, corn), which, just no.

2018 Jun 29
I've had the doubles at Belmont, they are good. I don't know I would say as the ones I'd get in Toronto but really good.

They have a huge crockpot of the chickpea stuff in the back as it something they serve until late at night.

2018 Jun 29
Seconded Do Good Food. I'd suggest calling ahead if you go, never know if he has roti wrappers an his operating hours are not always consistent. Food is always good!