Casual dining for 40th birthday celebration [General]

2018 Apr 8
I am planning a casual, family friendly gathering for my husband's 40th birthday later this month. I am looking for ideas for a venue that would accept a large reservation (maybe 25) on a Saturday evening with reasonable prices and decent food/drinks. We don't need a closed off room but a section would be ideal. I would like to order him a nice cake and be able to serve it. A relatively central location would be ideal.

I went to one at D'Arcy McGee's in Kanata a couple of months ago and it was great because we had a separated section that was decorated, ppl could order food as they pleased and they allowed a cake to be served. Looking for something similar but more central.

2018 Apr 8
I hosted a birthday party at Gezelig. They have an upstairs section that we had to ourselves. There were 20 people there, the room can accommodate more.

2018 Apr 11
2nd for Gezelig, we did the same for a party of 14. Not sure about the cake service, I'm pretty sure they would accomodate that, but there may be a serving fee.

2018 Apr 11
Craft at Lansdowne and Biermkt on Sparks.

2018 Apr 13
Thanks for the suggestions! I reached out to Casa Mexico and was able to privately reserve the restaurant for the event with 25+ guests. They are making the cake and I am decorating. They have been great to worth with!

2018 Apr 13
Excellent choice.
Can we all come?