Kyle Turris' Farewell Letter to Ottawa [General]

2017 Nov 14
Sports stories from TSN are not usually found on here, but I thought it was relevant in this case. Turris and his wife appear to be foodies and the letter provides an almost blow-by-blow description of their favourite haunts and foodie-dom living in the Westboro/Wellington-West area. I thought people might be interested. And, who knew that those chocolate chip cookies at Sasloves were so good? I've seen them many times but never even considered trying them.

www.tsn.ca

2017 Nov 14
That was very special and inspiring.

2017 Nov 14
I totally knew about Saslove's cookies.

2017 Nov 15
Those cookies are absolutely the bomb! Super Lardy. Also Turris did a lot for the community and local charities. He will be missed!

2017 Nov 15
I've seen him and his wife at Gezellig a couple of times at lunch, and saw his wife at Herb and Spice a few times. I live blocks from where they used to live, never talked to them when I saw them but heard nothing but good things, there are definitely big shoes to fill. The stories from parents from the Condors were very heartwarming. I'm a huge sens fan and even though hockey is a business it was sad for me to see him go.

I totally agree with them- doesn't get much better than the food on Wellington West and Westboro. I'm not a huge fan of sasloves or their cookies either. I like checking out stores and always feel pressured to buy at Sasloves when I walk in. I'd probably like it better if I could afford to buy more from there, but I prefer the Hintonburg Market and their reasonably priced sausages. I've been meaning to check out the Gastropub Petit Bill's for years but still haven't made it.