Fundraising Dinner - Syrian Refugees - Nov 24 [General]

2017 Oct 20
Hello Foodies,

I have been volunteering with OCRA (Ottawa Centre Refugee Action) over the last year or two. They are holding a dinner for what they are calling OCRA 2.0 as many of the families that they have sponsored are working on brining other members of their family here. I know from the family that I've worked with that while it is great to be in contact via smart phones and social media, they worry a lot about the wellbeing of family members who remain in the middle-east under precarious conditions.

Please see below (and visit the OCRA website in addition to the website where you can buy tickets for this very important fundraising event).

Thanks,
Flexie

Joining Hands Dinner - Reuniting Refugee Families

OCRA is having a fundraising dinner for OCRA 2.0! The Joining Hands Dinner - Reuniting Refugee Families will be held at First United Church, 347 Richmond Road on Friday, November 24. And the best news - authentic, delicious Syrian food will be prepared by our very own Yasmin Syrian Cooking, a company operated by Ayda Noofoori, who many of you know as our first landed refugee! See www.yasminsyriancooking.ca . And we will have raffle and silent auction and more!

Please join us! It promises to be a great community event!
Here is a link for tickets: www.snapuptickets.com

Please also invite your friends and family! We have space for 120 and hope to sell out.

For those of you who are social media savvy, here is a link to OCRA's Facebook page, where the dinner is posted. You can even invite FB friends from the link!

www.facebook.com

2017 Oct 20
Link to Yasmin is wrong. It's www.yasminsyriancookingottawa.ca

...and her food looks AWESOME.

2017 Oct 24
I will add to this thread there is also another Syrian Fundraising Dinner (I don't know if there is a connect to the first - also being organized by Syrian refugees) at the Ten Thousand Villages sale at OMC. All proceeds from the dinner are going to the Ottawa Food Bank.

Friday Nov. 3: Opening Night-Syrian Supper/Fair Trade Shopping Event

Begin Shopping at 3:00 pm, Stop to Enjoy an Authentic Syrian Feast from 5-6:45 pm and continue Shopping until 8:00 pm for Fair Trade items!

Adults: $12.00 Children: $5.00

(Reserve Tickets until Oct. 27. Contact ttvspecials@gmail.com)

www.tenthousandvillages.ca

Can't get enough of that delicious Syrian food!

2017 Nov 6
Did anyone go to the Ten Thousand Village one on Nov 3? Had it on my radar but was a tad stressed so forgot..

2017 Nov 14
I did go - it was great.