Dumplings [General]

2017 Oct 15
Can anyone recommend a brand of Chinese dumplings available at a big grocery store?

2017 Oct 15
T & T sells their own. They are not in the main freezers but in a freezer nearer the front of the store near the prepared food section. However, why must they come from a big grocery store? There is a Chinese place called, I think, the Dumpling Shop on Somerset that makes excellent ones.

2017 Oct 15
I usually get them in Chinatown but I was hoping for somewhere closer today. Thx.

2017 Oct 15
Farm boy has some too in the freezer section. They are the Farm Boy brand.

2017 Oct 15
Loblaws who owns T&T sometimes stock a couple of the types at their grocery stores but it is not consistent. It is decent enough but not spectacular.. But since I can make my own but don't really want to, tend to be a bit more particular.

Evergreen chinese grocery store near Vanier parkway also sells the ones by the dumpling shop on Somerset..

2017 Oct 16
I actually like the Wing Wong brand available at most big box stores.

www.wongwing.ca

I noticed the other day the Food Basics had a large variety of frozen dumplings but I have yet to try them.

2017 Oct 16
Presidents Choice makes frozen dumplings. I believe there are pork and chicken options. Definitely don't compare to homemade, but they're good for a quick snack or part of a weeknight dinner.