Restaurant ideas? [Food/Vendor]

2008 Jan 17
Looking for some restaurant ideas for a night out with some friends. A place that has a DJ spinning some tunes and a good menu. Someone had mentioned the Whalebone, however from some reviews it seems to be a bit small. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Sean

2008 Jan 17
Do you have a general neck-of-the-woods in mind?

2008 Jan 17
Kinki does something like this. Friday nights I believe.
Kinki

I think they also have a reduced price menu at some point of the evening.

2008 Jan 17
You can also try:

Social Social Restaurant
Absinthe Cafe Absinthe Café Resto Bar

2008 Jan 17
Why is everyone double-posting in this thread?

[FF: I think it's because they're using the Back button with a broken browser. I've remove the dupes.]

2008 Jan 17
Thanks for the replies - I was thinking about the Whalebone, but wanted some more suggestions as not everyone is a seafood fan (their loss!!). As for a 'neck of the woods', anywhere in Ottawa would be good with me...

Cheers...

2008 Jan 17
I was going to say Social and Absinthe both fit the bill quite nicely but M-K has already done that, so I 2nd them. I would avoid Foundation.

2008 Jan 18
If you are into crafting, tonight at the Clocktower (I'll have to double check, it's almost always at the Clocktower but they do switch it up from time to time) there is Spins and Needles. A bunch of crafters get together and they do have a DJ spinning (thus the 'spins'). They also have a 'craft of the day' that you can spend 5 bucks on to do if you don't bring your own craft.

2008 Jan 18
Wife tells me it's not held at the Clocktower at all anymore because they get so many people out for it and the Clocktower is not big enough. It's now at the Legion on Kent. So not a good place for dinner, unfortunately.

2008 Jan 18
I suggest you click the "home" link at the top of the page and browse the top rated vendors until you find something you like. Make the site work for you. :)

2008 Jan 18
shanghai restaurant in china town. ok food, dj or karaoke - depending on the night, martinis...

www.shanghaiottawa.com