Cake [Food/Vendor]

2017 May 5
Does anyone know of a place that can sell me a 12 serving size birthday cake? I have read the reviews on this site and none of them looked promising. I did call The Three Tarts and if all else fails I will go to them, but they don't do chocolate buttercream frosting which is what I m after. Suggestions?

2017 May 5
Stubbe's on Dalhousie does various sizes of cakes. They usually only have their small cakes on display but they can do larger ones to order.

2017 May 5
The larger sized cakes at Thyme and Again would easily serve 12. They could probably do a special order. They are GREAT cakes.

2017 May 6
Nutty Greek Bake Shop. Talk to Anna.
She does any flavour of buttercream frosting you want.

2017 May 7
I'm pretty sure Cake and Shake does custom orders for full sized cakes.

2017 May 9
Cake Shoppe on Welli West too.
Possibly Artistic.

2017 May 10
Thanks, all. I never knew it was so hard to get just a plain cake with buttercream icing. And by buttercream, I mean the real stuff, not icing sugar mixed with shortening. I checked out Thyme and Again and bought two pieces of their cake to try at home. While delicious, they were not what I was looking for. I did call around to other suggested places but in the end I ordered today a cake from The Three Tarts. I have known them since they opened in the Glebe in the mid '90s and since I know they use quality product I know I can order from them with confidence. It is for a birthday so I wanted a cake that I could serve with my homemade ice cream (vanilla and saltedcaramel). The vanilla cake with buttercream icing should fit the bill nicely.

2017 May 15
Life of pie makes some very tasty cakes!

Stubbe, just ask the owners-they are usually accommodating.

I can't think of any other places, even though I'm sure there is tons more....

2017 May 15
The cake from The Three Tarts was excellent.