Ottawa's best selection of gins? [Booze]

2017 Apr 1
We've been mostly living under a rock so haven't kept up with the bar and restaurant scene over the past couple of years. Is anyone offering a healthy selection of gin these days? I'm referring to some of the craft gins being made by local distilleries as well as the plethora of gin imports now seen on LCBO shelves.

2017 Apr 1
Check out Bar Laurel, if memory serves they have a decent selection and the mixologist Matt? Is pretty darn good

2017 Apr 1
I second bar laurel. them and union seem to have the best cocktails recently.

2017 Apr 2
I'm sure Riviera will have one of the best selections around, and they absolutely have some of the best drink-makers in town.

2017 Apr 2
Fauna has all the gins they carry listed on their website.

2017 Apr 2
If you want to buy gin for home consumption there is always North of 7 www.northof7distillery.ca/

2017 Apr 4
some of us went on a tour of North of 7. I plan to organize a return visit likely in June when the Canadian Whisky is ready to bottle...

2017 Apr 4
Interesting. North of 7 is right around the corner from where I live. My wife and I did a tour there about a year and half ago and they were down playing their whisky pretty hard pushing their gin, vodka and rum. Could have been they're doing that because it was a long way from being ready for consumption or maybe they've changed their tune on their whisky, perhaps it's turning out better than they thought?

2017 Apr 4
By Canadian law Canadian whiskies must be produced and aged in Canada, be distilled from a fermented mash of cereal grain, be aged in wood barrels with a capacity limit of 700 litres (185 US gal; 154 imp gal) for not less than three years,

this is most likely why they weren't pushing it.......minimum 3 years. even after 3 years doesn't mean it will be good. they take a long time to mature.

2017 Apr 5
yeah gin and vodka could be sold right away and they age their rum for a short period. Canadian whisky need minimal of 3 years. so a year and half ago it was probably only at 8 months and long from saleable product.

From what we tasted at 22 month while on tour, it is shaping up very well.. Francis and his friend could confirm :D