Kaedeya Market Has Closed [Food/Vendor]

2008 Jan 12
Oh no, I just found out that Kaedeya grocery is no more! It's too bad because that was my favourite place to go for Japanese groceries - they were really nice and the location was very good. I saw the windows papered up tonight, so I called Suisha Gardens to get the scoop. The woman I talked to confirmed Kaedeya has closed for good, but she did say that you can still get Japanese groceries at Kowloon Market on Somerset, and also at the Korean grocery on Bank and Somerset.

2008 Jan 15
Oh, crap, I was just talking to somebody about this. One of the Chinese market fellows out in the east end is trying to pick up the slack and stock some more Japanese goods. I forget which one it was, though. I know that, often, a lot of the specialized Japanese groceries won't be stocked by Chinese stockists because it's a big hassle for them.

2008 Jan 16
Kaedeya closed at the end of November which coincided with the end of the lease. The owner chose not to renew the lease hence the closure of the store. If If you are looking for Japanese groceries you could try Arum at Bank and Catherine or Uni Foods in Vanier.

2008 Jan 16
Forget its name, but i think the vendor Momomoto is referring to may be the one located next to the Mandarin on Olgivie. They stock a fair number of Japanese (and other Asian) ingredients, including some interesting (organic) soba and udon noodles, and some good Tofu. My friend noticed some goods were past the expiry date ... but on dried goods i can look the other way.