Mexicali Rosa's in the 80's Bank Street [General]

2017 Feb 19
Had dinner last night with someone who worked at the Mexicali Rosa's on Bank Street in the 80's as a bartender. He knows the menu of course inside and out. We were at a Thai Restaurant in Montreal where I know live and dessert came up and I saw Deep Fried Banana on the Menu. It sparked a memory from my Mexi Days. The memory was of my brother, who had a sweet tooth, and I was convinced he had eaten Deep Fried Banana with ice cream there in the 80's. My friend last night didn't have the same memory he said they only served Deep Fried Ice Cream? Trying to see if anyone on this foodie forum has any memory of deep fried banana being on the dessert menu at Mexi's as we lovingly called it back in the day?

2017 Feb 19
Just deep fried ice cream (rolled in Total® cereal dusted with cinnamon). No bananas.

Source: Worked at Dow's Lake through high school.

2017 Feb 19
Ok thanks flandroid :D. coulda sworn there were bananas in there :D Oh yes we went to have dinner at Mexi's at Dow's Lake too. Had their steak fajitas! Makin me hungary :/

2017 Feb 19
I miss the chocolate-amaretto cheesecake more than anything else on the menu, it's the only thing I've never found an analogue for elsewhere.