Cuisinart Food Processor [General]

2017 Jan 23
Bought a new Food Processor in November 15 - Damn - Just over a year ago.

Not chopping or grating. The blades move as normal but anything over about 1/4 cup seems to defeat it. It just stirs. It DID chop a clove of garlic.

Anyone know if its worth returning to Costco? Its in our place in NS and we were in Ottawa May to September, so has definitely been used less than a year. Would be surprised in they were that understanding, even at Costco.

Does anyone repair small appliances?

And lastly has anyone found a reasonably priced source for replacement plastic pieces on my older model. They had much better motors, but replacing the plastic bits costs more than a new one!

Comments?

2017 Jan 23
In my experience, Costco's after sale service is excellent. They would definitely take it back and refund your money. Even after the one year period. You should try.

2017 Jan 23
I agree with Lula. We took a Christmas tree back that we had for three years because the lights no longer worked. Got a full refund. Same thing happened with a piece of electronics we had had or for maybe 5 years when it gave up. We got a full refund.

2017 Jan 23
costco will take anything back, i believe. do you have original box?

2017 Jan 23
Costco - You can return anything, anytime, for any reason or no reason at all, no receipt required.

There was a recent recall on cuisinart food processor blades but I don't know enough to know if that would help your issue or not. Might be irrelevant.

The appliance part store in the Glebe beside the Works might have the parts you need. Worth checking out.

2017 Mar 11
AD_2....Correct. They took it back with no issues, gave me the cash.
Now...Any recs for a good food processor at a good price?