Juicer recommendations [General]

2017 Jan 10
It's January and I have eaten and drank everything in sight over the holidaze. I would like to add some juicing into my life and wonder if anyone has suggestions as to brands and places to buy?

2017 Jan 10
champion juicer. as solid as they come.

2017 Jan 11
Depending on your goals, perhaps consider a blender over a juicer?

If you blend smoothies you still get the pulp, which is fibre, and it can help keep you full longer.

With a juicer you risk over consuming sugars from the amount of fruit that you juice.

Of course with the blender, the final product comes a different texture than that of the juicer, so I suppose you'd have to be ok with that.

2017 Jan 11
if you are doing carrots and vegetables, juicer is better. fruits can work in the blender.

Depend on your budget and how often you want to juice. I got a Breville on sale around $100 and it is decent enough for my occasional juicing. If you want daily juicing and want high quality vitamix is the high end.

2017 Jan 11
I will second what FoodMonger said - personally I would want the whole veg in there so I'd look at a good blender. The new Sears Kenmore brand "super blender" looks an awful lot like a Blendtec for a fraction of the cost. Chimichimi has been posting about it on Facebook and it looks pretty good.

2017 Jan 12
I purchased this one as a gift for the mom-in-law, she likes it so far and it gets pretty good review online. Supposed to be comparable to a Vitamix (although I'm sure the performance of a Vitamix is hard to match)

www.costco.ca

Technically its an emulsifier, so should get veg smoothies super smooth.

Also supposed to be able to do nut butters, flours etc...

2017 Jan 12
neither this nor the vitamix are juicers though. just blenders. vitamix is amazing will make everything smooth but way thicker than juice

2017 Jan 19
Breville Juice Fountain Plus

2017 Jan 21
Omega. Often deals if you look for them. Very solid, great warranty, great juice, easy cleanup, and dry pulp. I'd only get a juicer if planning on primarily juicing veggies. Fruits just cost too much for the yield and veggie juices are just so much lower cal. I often do carrot, ginger, beet and a half green apple. Super tasty and super healthy. I also have a Vitamix but much prefer the juicer for juice, blender for smoothies.

2017 Jan 23
I can second the Breville ... decent, easy enough to clean, extracts well.