What the world eats [General]

2008 Jan 7
An interesting photolog ... use the "previous" and "next" buttons to flick through pictures of a week's food for families in 16 different countries.

www.time.com,29307,1626519_1373735,00.html

2008 Jan 7
Wow, it's amazing the difference in some of those. Great link, thanks!

2008 Jan 7
I really want this book. I've had these pictures open in my browser window for months now; they're so fascinating.

2008 Jan 7
I think zymurgist is intercepting my mail! This book just arrived today from Indigo. It's a gift for someone but I'm hoping I'll be allowed to flip through it. ;-)

2008 Jan 7
Very interesting...and I'm thinking *right now* some executives at Coca~Cola are rubbing their hands together wondering how they can hook the lovely people of Chad too.

2008 Jan 8
Sadly, I had thoughts along those lines too ...

Our family drinks zero pop (except my wife the odd time for mixing drinks). But I guess we don't get represented perhaps because Coke and Pepsi have big ads in Time Magazine

2008 Jan 8
I'll be a 'me too' and chime in.. WOW. What I find most interesting is the seeming correlation between the pictures with lots of processed food, and the high cost of a week of food. Japan and Germany sort of stick out there. Also the American family who's diet included two delivery pizzas, and Burger King. I am now curious if I'm brave enough to measure how much my family spends on food in a week...

2008 Jan 8
I too am curious - though I might actually follow through.

My 3rd year of university I tracked everything I ate the entire year - and recently found my log. I'm currently tracking everything we spend in Quicken so it would be easy to figure out what our average weekly cost is.

But it's a much better exercise IMO to show - like these photos do - EXACTLY what you eat every week.

BTW, we have pizza at least once a week but it's always hand made by yours truly :-)