Spanish Wine and Cheese [General]

2016 Dec 6
I am looking for suggestions on a good wine and cheese to go with some Iberico chorizo and ham that I bought. Thanks!

2016 Dec 7
Campo Viejo Tempranillo is a great and affordable Spanish red. Widely available for 12-14$. I bought a bottle of this on a whim and now it's one of my go to wines. Pairs well with strong flavours.

2016 Dec 7
I think in the line of cheese maybe a nice raw milk manchego? Check out Whole Foods or Hintonburg Grocer for details!

2016 Dec 7
Nicastro's on Merivale has some of the most reasonably priced manchego cheese in Ottawa. Fino and Manzanilla sherries are the traditional accompaniment to salty/savoury Spanish snacks, and both of these are excellent (but your mileage may vary depending on how much you like sherry):

www.lcbo.com

www.saq.com

Cava goes well with this kind of food also; this one's my favourite:

www.saq.com

2016 Dec 8
I can't speak to the pairings, but my two favourite reds these days are both Spanish:

* Radio Boka Tempranillo ($10.95, currently on for $9.95)
* Red Guitar old vine Tempranillo Garnacha ($14.95)

Best value around in my opinion! If you love Tempranillo/Aragonês as much as I do. :-)

2016 Dec 10
Seconding the recommendation for manchego assuming you enjoy sharp goat milk cheeses. As for wine look for something from Priorat - intense, full-bodied wines in the $15-20 range.

2016 Dec 12
I'm with panfishpete, on everything (including the Nicastro's recommendation). I love sherry, but lots of people don't. The safe bet is cava. I also like this one and it's widely available: www.lcbo.com

2016 Dec 13
Thanks for the suggestion, cardamom! I'll try that cava for sure. I love sherry too, especially the Walnut Brown. Worth checking out if you haven't! www.lcbo.com

[edit: Oops, looks like it's hard to find now. Keep an eye out in case they bring in more!]

2016 Dec 18
Whole Foods had a Spanish cheese tasting in November.
I went and they had 6 different cheeses and some almonds and some very tasty candied Spanish walnuts.

I'm not sure of the prices,but I did take some pictures of the cheeses so I would remember the labels.
I can look that up and post the pics if you want.