Spices in Ottawa [Cooking]

2016 Dec 1
Hello, I am new here:) Looking for advice on where to buy fresh spices in Ottawa. Does anyone know about the quality of the on-line store Cardamom and Cloves? In particular I am looking for cardamom pods?

2016 Dec 2
They used to have a stand alone store and at that time the quality was first rate. I would be quite confident ordering from them!

2016 Dec 2
Thanks so much SouthShoreGirl! The quality of our blends has increased since moving online since we are able to make them to order now. As always, the whole spices we provide are the freshest, most flavourful and best caliber we can source. They are also fairly traded and organic where possible.

2016 Dec 2
Another vote for Cardamon and Cloves

2016 Dec 5
I found the quality and amount of the dill we got to be less than what I expected, but overall it is probably one of the better choices.

Mother Earth on Richmond road is another good choice. They have a lot of different spices, and you can see what you are buying, but they don't have everything. They aren't primarily a culinary spice shop. They're one of the only places I know of that has true cinnamon.

2016 Dec 5
Not sure if pepper counts but the Salty Don makes really good smoked pepper.