liver and onions for lunch [General]

2016 Nov 22
Does anyone know where I can get a lunch of liver and onions (and bacon!)? I had a place but they let me down so I'm looking for a new spot.

2016 Nov 22
You can get it at Fil's Diner on Wellington, but only after 3.

2016 Nov 22
North and Navy

2016 Nov 22
The Red Dot Café in Osgoode.

2016 Nov 22
Chez Lucien does good liver and onions.

2016 Nov 23
Chances R has it on the menu.

2016 Nov 23
YMMV.

2016 Nov 23
Pretty sure I just saw it on the menu at Antrim Truck Stop - Hangar Restaurant!

2016 Nov 23
Thank you all for your suggestions so far. I'm all ears for more suggestions.

2016 Nov 26
Also available at The Diner restaurant on Wellington.
That place irks me, though. They serve diner food, not really much added value from the diner experience, but at much higher prices.

2016 Dec 12
Newport and 222 Lyon both have liver and onions for lunch. Not sure about the bacon though.

2016 Dec 13
I have a monthly meeting at Perkins (not my choice lol) and they had liver and onion on the menu and cannot remember if they had bacon but if not you can order a side of bacon.

2016 Dec 19
unless it is a vegetarian place, you should be able to order a side of bacon anywhere.

2016 Dec 19
We tried the Wellington Diner. There were three of us and we all ordered the liver with bacon and onions. Unfortunately, the vegetables, while clearly of the fresh variety and not frozen, (broccoli, zucchini, carrots, roughly mashed potatoes ) were cold so we had to send our plates back. When we got them back we tucked in and it was very good. The servings were very generous, so much so that we couldn't finish our plates. Our server was terrific - very, very pleasant. I wish I had made note of her name. So thanks for that suggestion. Oh, the plate was $12.99 which we thought was reasonable.

2016 Dec 20
I also saw liver and onion on the menu at Carlingwood Restaurant when I was there for a meeting...

2016 Dec 20
FT that is where we had been going. The last time we were there, the liver was mush, absolutely no texture plus it had this weird sour taste. We took maybe two bites, sent it back and had something else. Not in a hurry to go back.

2016 Dec 20
I had the smoked meat sandwich and the coconut cream pie. The pie was good but sandwich average.. If Perkin has liver I wonder if Denny has it?