Carolina Reaper peppers [Food/Vendor]

2016 Sep 27
A "friend" at work brought in his pepper harvest, and says that he has access to over 1,200 Carolina Reaper peppers. He's going to bring me in a couple tomorrow to try. Yeah, to try.

I'm no idiot.

Stop laughing. I'm not.

Prick it with a toothpick and touch that to the middle of your tongue. That's how I test peppers.

Then I have to think of something to make with them. I'm thinking really hard.

I know enough people who make hot sauce to know that market is completely over-saturated. However, what do you think about pickled pepper strips in tiny bottles? I'm sure there's a market out there for something like that. Frat boys would pay an extra dollar to have a pickled Reaper strip in their drink.

Reaper-tini.
Carolina Caesar.
In a tequila shot.

Maybe on a burger. No. That's stupid.

Of course I'd have to test this all out with a bottle of vodka, first. If you don't hear from me in a while, call my doctor.

2016 Sep 27
Sounds like a great project. Good luck!

2016 Sep 27
Your sacrifice will be remembered.
Hero.

2016 Sep 27
A kilted statue is in order.😀

2016 Oct 5
Sounds fabulous.

2016 Oct 5
MMMMmmmmm. Tastes just like internal human combustion.

So hot. I can't really say that it tastes like anything but the center of the white-hot sun.

Survivable.

This was from the tiniest sliver of a pepper fruit. Yeah. Fruit. Screw you, fruit.

I just bought some seeds so I can grow my own next year. I want to try to make a hot, pickled Mexican cucumber for drinks. That would be weird, attractive, and make you want to die. Kind of like me.

Looking for a name ...

2016 Oct 5
Fuegokiltini.

2016 Oct 8
death spears, cucumburn, pickle of death,

2016 Oct 9
Nice ones. I was thinking NUKUMBER and CORNICHAUD.

If that last one hasn't been used yet, I'll be disappointed.

2016 Oct 9
Pic
Pickle de muerte lento, pickle of SLOW death. . . . . . . .

2016 Oct 10
Pickle of pain, nuke cuke.

2016 Oct 16
Half-way through this thought experiment I realized that while I love to come up with all kinds of kooky ideas, I'm actually trying to get away from food products.

So.

I received a couple of packets of pepper seeds in the mail last week and if someone wants them, just let me know. I have some Carolina Reapers, some Keystone (a large, sweet, bell pepper), and some Pueblo (comparable to a moderate Jalapeno). The last 2 came gratis with the order along with a couple of dried Reapers that I'll use in my Hellfire bitters the next time I make some.

2016 Oct 16
Rizak,

I would be interested in a few seeds of Carolina Reapers and Pueblos..

In return, I can offer you some cuttings for blackberries or goji berries if you want some and if it is not too late in the season to plant them..

2017 Apr 16
If anyone wants these seeds, please send me a PM and we can arrange a pickup.
See above.

2017 Apr 16
Sorry Rizak,

Have been ran over by my parents house getting it ready for sale and fighting bronchitis myself while still working on the house. Don't think I have the energy to start peppers this year and don't have the garden and not sure my sister would water it if I put it in hers....

2017 Apr 16
You could always make some spiced honey to use in anything.
I made some from a jerk sauce that was too hot and some local honey and used that in a dessert I made.

Turned out quite good.

Candied peppers could be interesting.