Phyllo Cups [Food/Vendor]

2016 Sep 17
Does anyone know where I can buy frozen mini phyllo (filo) cups? I believe the brand name is Athens.

2016 Sep 17
May have seen at Grace in the Kitchen but that would be over a year ago so would call first.
There are some fairly simple recipes online.

2016 Sep 17
I think you can get them at Superstore/Loblaws etc.

2016 Sep 17
Thanks, OSM. I called Grace in the Kitchen but they do not carry them. I know I can make the cups (I assume you aren't referring to the pastry itself being easy to make) but I am looking for pre-made ones so I can use just a few at a time.

Lovetoeat, I will check Loblaws/Superstore as I regularly shop at both but off the bat, I can't recall ever having seen them there.

I called Rainbow Foods and they used to carry them but no longer.

Thank you both for the suggestions. Hopefully others will chime in.

2016 Sep 17
I make them and then freeze them so I can use just a few at a time. Usually they come about because I have used phyllo for something else and need to use up the remainder of the thawed sheets. I personally have not seen them in stores. Good luck!

2016 Sep 22
Any one else have a clue where I might find these? I see they also have the already baked ones and i'm fine with those too. I have been using the ones I have to make mini apple crisps. A dab of caramel sauce on the bottom, some apple diced small cooked with butter and cinnamon filled to level, then a flour/oatmeal/butter topping. These are baked and before serving, a drizzle of caramel over the top. They make a great little snack. Also good served with homemade salted caramel ice cream.

Anyone else care to suggest places I can check?

2016 Sep 22
FF

I think I saw some no frozen Phyllo cup at Ottawa bagel shop

2016 Sep 22
FT, thanks! I'll check it out.

2016 Sep 23
Yes! Ottawa Bagelshop had them and now I am the proud owner of 4 packages. If case any one else is interested, Herb and Spice on Wellington should be getting some in next week.

Thank you Food Travel!